One of my greatest talents, I believe, is organization. This is probably because my father was obsessive compulsive and an extreme neat freak and my mom had some amazing organization skills as well. When I was younger, my brother and I had to clean the house and we had to use a six page cleaning checklist that my mother created to go by. It was insane. I guess I got it from both of them, but being organized in every aspect of my life has really helped me throughout my life. Especially in college, you HAVE to be organized to survive college. It has also helped me in each of the jobs that I have worked at. I am currently known as the organization queen at my job. At least once a month I clean out my desk, throw away stuff and organize everything. My co-workers walk by my desk and say, "Is it that time again, Megan?" Or they will say, "Come to my house and organize," which I have highly considered pursuing. I still might, if I ever need the extra cash. But I think I enjoy organizing for myself better than I would for other people. And each time I re-organize something I try out a new method or way or even a different placement. It really refreshes me! Maybe I'm crazy!
One of my favorite blogs that I found through Pinterest is DIY Home Sweet Home and she has this amazing article called, "50 Insanely Clever Organizing Ideas." I love each one! You can click on the link and look at each one. I currently use a couple of these but others I hope to one day do. Another article she has is called, "Ultimate Life Planning System." This one has all sorts of printables that you can use to get every area of your life organized. I really recommend charts and checklist, they really help you stay on task, get the job done, and help you remember what you need to do next time around.
If I were to try and help someone get organized, I would tell them to start with this list: First pull out everything that needs to be organized from that closet or junk drawer, etc. Second, throw away anything that you do not need or is to old to have any use. Third, start categorizing each item and make separate piles for each category. Figure out where and how you are going to store each category. Can these items be put away in an attic because they aren't used a lot? Or do they need to stay close by? Or do they need to be out in the open so you can see them? Next, think about the best way to condense and save as much space as possible. Often times I will look on Pinterest or even Google ways to get organized. If there is something specific you want to organize you can just Google it. For example, I wanted a better way to organize my sock so I searched on Pinterest, "Sock organization" and tons of ideas came up. Most of the time there will be a way to organize anything! Once you figure out what works best for you, do it! In no time you will feel better because you are organized! And then you can stay organized by putting away into the right category each new item that you get or find.
Also here is a link to my Pinterest page where you can look at my board called "Organization" that way you can get some ideas. Also, my For the Home board has several ideas for organizations. Megan's Pinterest
Hope you enjoyed my tips on getting organized!
No comments:
Post a Comment